5 Reasons to Attend Tribute to Women of Achievement
February 06, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Waypoint’s Tribute to Women of Achievement event is only a few short weeks away! Whether you’re a young professional, an entrepreneur, or part of a long-standing corporation, there are plenty of reasons to attend this time-honored event.
- Celebrate the monumental 35th anniversary of Tribute to Women of Achievement: It’s a big year for this event and an even bigger honor to a part of it. Tribute to Women of Achievement began in 1982 and has since recognized over 1,500 remarkable women in our community.
- Hear the moving story of our keynote speaker: This year’s keynote speaker, Vanessa McNeal, is a survivor of child abuse, familial sexual abuse, intimate partner violence, and sexual assault. She overcame educational, intrapersonal, and social challenges that could have prevented her from achieving success. She uses her past as a vehicle to empower, educate, and inspire others.
- Support Waypoint’s crucial programs: All proceeds from Tribute to Women of Achievement help serve women, children, and families experiencing domestic violence, homelessness, and poverty.
- Gather with the best of the best: Tribute to Women of Achievement showcases the accomplishments of women from all over the area making for a perfect networking opportunity!
- Enjoy a delicious lunch: This year’s luncheon menu includes tomato basil bruschetta served with crunchy crostini; DoubleTree signature salad with grilled chicken, made with mixed greens, gorgonzola cheese, sundried cranberries, toasted pistachios, and raspberry vinaigrette; and choice of chocolate lava cake or tres leches cake. Need we say more!?
If you haven’t reserved your individual ticket or table yet, there’s still time! Purchase your tickets online or visit Waypoint’s main office Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by Friday, Feb. 17th. Take this opportunity to enrich your personal and professional life, while giving back to the community! The luncheon will be held Thurs., Feb. 26th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (networking from 11 to 11:30 a.m.) at the DoubleTree in downtown Cedar Rapids. Learn more.
“I've always believed that one woman's success can only help another woman's success.”
- Gloria Vanderbilt