5 Reasons to Believe in YOU
June 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM
Each year, Waypoint launches the iBelieve in Waypoint Campaign in March with a goal of raising $100,000 by June 30. The funding from the iBelieve in Waypoint Campaign is critical in supporting Waypoint’s programs: Domestic Violence Victim Services, Homeless & Housing Services, and Child Care Services. As always, the backbone of this campaign is YOU. Without the support of generous community members who believe in Waypoint, we could not continue inspiring people to move forward in their lives.
As a treasured supporter, we know that you believe in Waypoint and the work we do for the community. However, do you believe in YOU? Do you believe in the difference you can make for individuals and families in crisis? Here are Waypoint, we believe in YOU and the power you have to change lives.
- Over half of our annual revenue comes from individual supporters like YOU.
- Your gift can change lives. By donating to Waypoint, you are providing resources and support to individuals experiencing homelessness, domestic violence, and poverty.
- Your gift stays local. Waypoint’s programs are specific to Northeast Iowa, providing child care services to families in Cedar Rapids, Homeless & Housing Services to individuals and families in Linn, Benton, and Jones Counties, and Domestic Violence Victim Services in Benton, Black Hawk, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Linn, and Jones Counties.
- Your dollar makes a difference. Your gift, no matter the amount, can make a huge impact on someone in crisis. $25 can provide diapers for a family staying at Madge Phillips Center Shelter for an entire month. $50 can provide two hours of case management for an individual or household experiencing homelessness and move them toward securing safe, permanent housing. $75 can provide fleeing assistance to an individual fleeing their abusive partner, providing them with a place to stay and access to basic necessities while they work with an advocate to develop a long-term safety plan.
- Your support allow others to believe in themselves again. By believing in yourself, you can empower victims of domestic violence to leave their abusive partners. By believing in the power of your gift, you can ensure that individuals and families have a safe place to call home. By believing the impact you can make, you can provide every child with quality, affordable child care.
Without YOU, Waypoint could not do the critical work we do for the community. Believe in the difference YOU can make by making a gift today—YOU will change lives.