PROMOTING HOUSING STABILITY THROUGH TENANT ACADEMY
Helping individuals become successful renters, Waypoint's Tenant Academy offers financial guidance, information, and support that lead to sustainable housing solutions. The Tenant Academy is a free, nine-hour course based on RentWise curriculum created by HOME, Inc. This housing education course focuses on the following:
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Money management
- How to find/search for housing
- How to get through the rental process
- Move-in process
- Taking care of a home
- Energy actions to save money
- Proper move out procedures
Upon completion of the course, participants receive a diploma to present to landlords to show their reliability and knowledge on the rental process.
Upcoming Tenant Academy Dates
- April 19, 20, & 21 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. each day
- May 17, 18, and 19 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. each day
Register for Tenant Academy by calling 319.731.6173 or by completing this form. Tenant Academy is held at Waypoint (318 5th St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401).