services to empower domestic violence victims and survivors
Domestic Violence Victim Services Program
If you are contacting your Advocate directly and do not reach them, please leave a detailed message with good contact information and someone should return your call within 24 hours.
Impacting thousands of lives throughout seven Northeast Iowa counties each year, Waypoint's Domestic Violence Victim Services Program (DV Program) offers free, confidential services to domestic violence victims and survivors, as well as their families. Through a safety net of supportive services, the DV Program helps empower victims and survivors to safely move forward in their lives.
These services, provided by dedicated, certified Victim Advocates, include:
- Support groups
- 24/7 Resource & Support Line
- Peer counseling
- Legal advocacy
- Medical advocacy
- Information and referrals
Learn more about domestic violence:
- What is domestic violence?
- Sexual assault within domestic violence
- 10 Red Flags of Domestic or Dating Violence
- How to help a friend or family member
- Financial literacy resources
- Community resources
- Meet the Domestic Violence Victim Services team
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic or dating violence, please call 319.363.2093 or 800.208.0388.
How you can help end domestic violence
According to the National Network to End Domestic Violence, every year 1 in 3 women in the U.S. are victims of domestic violence each year. Join Waypoint in taking a stand against domestic violence by getting involved through the following ways:
- Attend an event: participate in one of many Gentleman Campaign© activities throughout October, National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, you will help raise awareness about domestic violence
- Volunteer: receive specialized volunteer training to assist individuals experiencing controlling, abusive partners
- Donate: make a gift to the Domestic Violence Program to help Waypoint empower victims and survivors
Waypoint's Domestic Violence Program serves Benton, Black Hawk, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Linn, and Jones Counties.